K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
K12 Kit | A Lion's Tale: Somali Folktales
by Christina M. Ham and Said Salah Ahmed
With music by Gary Rue
Cultures collide as two young Somali immigrants attend their first American birthday party. The friends learn to overcome their cultural differences as they are all magically transported to Somalia where they become characters in a series of ancient folktales about village life, and surviving the dangerous lion.
Pages: 56 pg
Casting Breakdown: 27 characters (doubling possible)
Estimated run time: 60 minutes
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script and score
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar).
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Demo tracks with vocals for rehearsal
- Production audio tracks for performance
Click here to read the script
Click here to preview the vocal score
When It's Not Your Birthday | Sung by Gary Rue
Counting the Lion's Share | Sung by Gary Rue
Fox Trot | Sung by Gary Rue
How Now? | Sung by Gary Rue