K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | The Little Mermaid
by Timothy Mason
Based on the story by Hans Christian Andersen
In a kingdom under the sea, six sea princesses, recount their experiences of being able to rise out of the sea on their fifteenth birthday. While most of the mermaids saw wondrous sites, they still found it’s much nicer at home under the sea. When the littlest mermaid finally had her fifteenth birthday, she saw a lovely prince and saved him from a shipwreck. The heartbreaking tale of a young mermaid willing to give up her life in the sea to win the love of a handsome prince and claim an eternal soul.
Playwright: Timothy Mason
Pages: 51 pg
Casting Breakdown: 19 roles + ensemble (Doubling Possible)
Estimated Run Time: 75-90 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
Originally produced in Children's Theatre Company's 68-69 Season
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar).
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.