K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | The Emperor's New Clothes
by Timothy Mason
Flo and Roscoe are the ultimate con artists, so when they stumble into a kingdom that bends to every fashion whim of its Emperor they know just what to do. They announce that they are the finest weavers in all the land, and produce a magical cloth. Of course, the stylish Emperor simply must have it! However, the cloth that Flo and Roscoe weave is not for ordinary folks; in fact it’s endowed with magical powers that separates wise men from fools. The clothing is invisible only to those not smart enough to see it. None of the Emperor’s closest confidants want to be seen as a fool, so they all claim to see the clothing. When the Emperor finally unveils his magical new dressing to the kingdom, the laughing townspeople REALLY have something to see.
Playwright: Timothy Mason
Pages: 58 pg
Casting Breakdown: 7 roles + ensemble
Estimated Run Time: 60-75 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
Originally produced in Children's Theatre Company's 77-78 Season
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar).
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.