K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | Much Ado About Nothing
by William Shakespeare
Adapted by Don Fleming
One of Shakespeare’s best comedies, Much Ado About Nothing intertwines honor, shame and court politics with hilarity and multiple marriages. The tale begins with the meeting of Hero, the daughter of a nobleman, and Claudio, a soldier and nobleman. They instantly fall and love and decide to be married. When Claudio is tricked into believing Hero has been unfaithful to him, he publicly accuses her of lechery and abandons her at the altar. Hero and her family pretend she has died of shock and grief until the truth comes out. The villains are finally found and arrested, and everyone learns that Hero is innocent, including Claudio, who grieves for her. As punishment, Hero’s father arranges for Claudio to marry her ‘cousin’. At the wedding it is revealed to Claudio that Hero is his actual bride. Hero’s cousin Beatrice is swept up in the joy and agrees to marry Claudio’s friend Benedick, and everyone has a merry dance.
Pages: 49 pg
Casting Breakdown: 12-23 roles (doubling possible)
Estimated run time: 45-60 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
This script was originally developed for Seattle Children’s Theatre Summer Season, an acclaimed program in which student actors and theatre professionals come together to produce polished Play. The Summer Season inspired by classic works, were specifically written for students in grades 4 through 12 to develop acting and other theatrical skills.
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar)
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.