K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | The Prince and the Pauper
by Thomas W. Olson
Based on the novel by Mark Twain
Tom, a pauper, and Edward, the crown prince of England, come face to face. The similarities in their looks lead them to start a fanciful adventure of trading places. Tom experiences the magnificent lifestyle of royalty, while Edward discovers the daily struggles of the poor. But the temporary switch continues and each boy finds himself trapped in a life that does not belong to them.
Playwright: Thomas W. Olson
Pages: 84 pg
Casting Breakdown: 23 speaking roles + ensemble (Doubling Possible)
Estimated Run Time: 90 minutes (can be cut for competition)
Originally produced in Children's Theatre Company's 97-98 Season
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar).
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.