K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | Tomie dePaola's Strega Nona
by Thomas W. Olson
With music by Roberta Carlson
Based on the story by Tomie dePaola
Strega Nona, the beloved ‘Grandma Witch’ of Calabria, needs help so she hires the first person to apply: Big Anthony, a tall, clumsy new guy in town. Bambolona, the Baker’s daughter is feed up with doing all of the work at the bakery, so she leaves and convinces Strega Nona to teach her magic. Big Anthony wants to learn magic too, and when he’s told no he gets mad and tries to learn it by eavesdropping. Oh Anthony! He turns people into toads, he makes himself handsome for the town dance and then has to run for his life, but his biggest mistake is the overflowing pasta pot taking over the town!
Pages: 38 pg
Casting Breakdown: 9 roles + Ensemble
Estimated run time: 45-60 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
Originally produced by Children's Theatre Company in the 86-87 season
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script and score
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar)
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Production audio tracks
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.