K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
PlayKit | Ruby
by Kevin Dyer
From the outside, Ruby seems like an ordinary teenager navigating a single school day. But inside, her brain is an out-of-control crash of anxious feelings. It feels like she is going to burst, and her best friend – the person she goes to when in trouble - is nowhere to be found.
Through a series of insightful conversations with teens who face struggles with inner thoughts and neurodiversity, Kevin Dyer has crafted a fast paced, truthful, and theatrical portrayal of Ruby's everyday mental health journey. The play moves from disaster to hope as she discovers strength through the support of those around her.
Pages: 32 pg
Casting Breakdown: 44 roles | Doubling possible (Has been performed by an ensemble of 3 actors and an ensemble of 16)
Estimated Run Time: 60 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
Audience Recommendation: 13+
Performance licenses only available in North America
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar)
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!