K12 PlayKits are designed to give you everything you need for your upcoming school or competition performance without all the hassle, hoops, and uncertainty of traditional licensing. This one-time fee includes a PDF performance script/score, Copy License, Opening Act performance license, marketing materials, and more!
K12 PlayKits are only available for accredited elementary, middle, high school, or homeschool performances. All other groups must apply for a license via application form.
Questions about how it works? Click here for our K12 PlayKit FAQ!
K12 Kit | Gulliver's Travels
by Don Fleming
based on the story by Jonathan Swift
In this classic societal satire, we meet Doctor Lemuel Gulliver who has just discovered he has a grown son. In an attempt to get to know him, they settle in at the Star Tavern so Lemuel can recount his life story. Gulliver’s journeys took him to strange and distant lands. He encountered tiny Lilliputians, and visited Brobdingnag, the land of giants. From there, he traveled to Laputa, a floating island devoted to the arts and academics, though inhabited by residents who are out of touch with reality. In Laguda and Struddlebrug, he encountered singing beggars and senile immortals. In Gulliver’s fourth and final journey, he found a land inhabited by intelligent, speaking horses called Houhynhms. At the end of his travels, Gulliver lived the life of a recluse, speaking only to the horses in his stable. However, he now vows to teach his son the way of the Houhynhms.
Pages: 71 pg
Casting Breakdown: 12-65 roles (doubling possible)
Estimated run time: 75-90 minutes (Can be cut for competition)
This K12 PlayKit includes:
- Opening Act Edition PDF script
- Opening Act performance license for 1-8 performances (choose the number of performances using drop-down bar)
- Copy license to copy included PDF script for your cast, crew, and production team. There is no additional cost for scripts!
- Media pack including logo PNG & SVG's as well as template poster files.
- Director's Guide with tips, suggested rehearsal activities, FAQ, and more!
- Cutting permission for competition performances and link to add performances as you progress through the competition.